Sunday 30 June 2013

Memories.........

A poem written by me in class VI.....!!



                                                                 THE  STRAY  CAT


       
Once on the street, I saw a pretty cat,
With twinkling eyes in front of me she sat.
She was cute, also a bit fat,
her innocent face waited for a pat.                                                       

Then she was there, every morning,
all through the afternoon and evening.
Cornering the balcony, a crate of cardboard
and an old mat was now her abode.
Her skin was soft as silk,
and quickly she lapped up the milk.
She would come and sit beside me,
and I patted her while drinking tea.

She would show up in one call,
and loved playing with my ball.
She ran all around the house,
Since then, we haven't had a single mouse..!!

Soon we heard the sound of kittens four,
naughty ones, tried to get inside the door.
Their mother brought them out before anyone could,
and would sleep soundly, just as babies should.

They entertained us in every way they could,
laughing, rolling and running wherever they wanted.
The cat tried to teach them good things,
Being kids, they didn't listen.

One day the kittens ran on the street,
Dogs were ready, up on their feet.
Here and there the kittens ran in terror,
but the dogs ran faster.
 
They seized their mother, who did care,
for saving her babies, didn't she dare!
The kittens were saved, hidden behind their mom,
but the dogs were three, and she one!

Though bravely that she fought,
she couldn't prevent being caught.
I made the dogs run away,
Seriously wounded, the poor cat lay.

The kittens stood trembling with unknown fears,
and my eyes started welling up with tears.
As the cat breathed her last,
I hugged her babies to my heart.                                                                           
                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment